Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Faith & Sexuality - Share Your Story!

Here's a message from one of my new favorite people on earth, Maria Burnham:

"Seeking Stories about Faith and Sexuality-share your experience!

Hi, all.  I am looking for your personal stories of faith, sexuality, reconciliations, struggles, and experiences.  Whether you have a message of hope to share, or you have lost your faith before or after coming out, I am interested in hearing your story.  I am compiling emails, letters, notes, and blogs from people from all over the world and from all different types of faith and religion. Be aware that I may use your experience in a future project, so indicate if you would like an alias.  If you do not want your story shared, but you still want to write it out and share with me, I will honor your privacy.  Send all emails to MariaComics@yahoo.com
1. When did you realize you were not heterosexual?
2. When you realized you were not heterosexual, were you attending a church or following a religion?
3. Were you raised in this religion or did you choose it later in life?
4. Did you ever feel like God (or whomever you follow) did not accept you? Did you feel like other members of the same faith did not accept you?  Did you have trouble accepting yourself?
5. Do you still follow the same faith?  Attend church?  Follow a different faith?  Or none at all?

Feel free to answer these questions indivually, or use them as a guideline in sharing your full experience.  I'd like to thank you in advance for taking the time to write your story out and share it with me.
If you are interested in my story at all, please see my comic at www.jesusloveslesbianstoo.com and read a brief intro on the Huffington Post at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maria-burnham/jesus-loves-lesbians-too_b_1132435.html"

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment