Tuesday, May 22, 2012

X-Men Gay Marriage

I've never been a comic book geek, but I've always enjoyed the film adaptations and thumbing through copies while at a bookstore.  For a long-time, X-Men has always been my favorite comic book superhero series; I didn't know why for a long time, but I think my bisexuality and general nerdiness/social awkwardness played a major part.

Now X-Men is helping take comics to a new level by having two of their characters, who happen to be gay, marry.

I am very glad to see this.  Marvel Comics have always seemed to be rather progressive in the superhero comic world, and to the people in this interview via the Huffington Post, a gay marriage in the X-Men storyline just seems logical.  An interesting note: this marriage is made up of one X-Men (a.k.a. a superhero mutant) and a "normal" civilian human (a.k.a. boring and has no awesome powers).  Of course, it's not all fairytale, with some characters even boycotting the wedding.  We'll see what happens!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment